The Manager and staff are available to help the resident and their family/whanau come to terms with the changes required when entering Rest Home care.
SOME OF OUR SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
A number of our Residents have lived in the Inglewood area for many years so they have established strong links within the community. Likewise as a community based facility we also have considerable input from local people who frequently visit. This interaction of local people creates a sense of social connectedness.
We support our residents to retain as much independence as possible and to be involved as much as they wish in the day to day activities in the home.
Marinoto is spacious yet homely. Many of the living spaces look like one might expect in a large country home.
Understanding of the transition that accompanies Rest Home Entry is always an important consideration to Management and Staff when providing support to the Resident's family.
Family may assist in the care of their relative if they wish to. Family are invited to have input into care plans.
At Marinoto, we aim to provide our Residents with quality care appropriate to their individual needs and wishes, taking into account any cultural and religious preferences. We want them to live in an environment of respect and kindness. Our staff undertake to uphold the dignity, privacy and comfort of these people, in a warm, family oriented atmosphere.
We believe the elderly Resident who shares our Home, is an individual worthy of the best care our staff can provide. We encourage our Resident's family, friends and members of our community to share in the happiness and well being of the Residents and with respect to their capabilities, let them be themselves, within a safe, secure and happy environment.
- 24 hour, long term quality care by trained staff
- Carer support and Respite care
- A Day Care service (we collect the client and deliver back)
- Recuperation care and support (Post Hospital)
- Individual, spacious bedrooms
- Lounges and dining room (warm and friendly)
- Meals on Wheels service to the wider community
- Meal Service always home cooked
- Recreation is offered to all Residents but is not compulsory
- Full Laundry Service
- Access to a podiatrist and hairdresser as required
- Our Home has maximum Fire Security
- Residents are able to retain their local GP's services
- All staff are trained in Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies
- Ongoing support to the Resident's Family
- Support to the residents to maintain their community connections and interests
- A library service
NZ Aged Care Association
Careerforce (training programmes)
Health & Disability Auditing NZ
Recreation and Activities
- Outings using the Ironside fleet of vehicles
- Visits to other Rest Homes
- Entertainment within Marinoto Rest Home
- Indoor bowls, bingo, quizzes, games, puzzles
- Christmas, Easter, St Patricks Day and birthday celebrations
- Crafts, penpals, movies, gardening opportunities,
- Daily exercise group and walks around the neighbourhood
- Participation in community events eg: Christmas parade, market days and Americarna
- Family opportunities to be involved with residents
- En-suite available in some rooms
- access to outdoor deck available from some rooms
- External phone line
We have our own on-site kitchen facility where fresh meals are prepared daily. Special occasions are catered for, eg Christmas, Easter and residents' birthdays.
Marinoto Rest Home is located adjacent to the main road in close proximity to Inglewood central township and is only a short walk to the supermarket, restaurants, cafes, library, and other local conveniences. New Residents are able to bring their mobility scooters with them should they choose to continue using this mode of transport.
Marinoto Rest Home is set within spacious and beautiful grounds.