Some of our special features include:
A number of our residents have lived in the Inglewood area for many years so they have established strong links within the community. Likewise as a community based facility we also have considerable input from local people who frequently visit. This interaction of local people creates a sense of social connectedness.
We support our residents to retain as much independence as possible and to be involved as much as they wish in the day to day activities in the home.
Marinoto is spacious yet homely. Many of the living spaces look like one might expect in a large country home.
Understanding of the transition that accompanies rest home entry is always an important consideration to management and staff when providing support to the resident's family.
Family may assist in the care of their relative if they wish to. Family are invited to have input into care plans.
- Rest Home, Hospital & Palliative level care
- Carer support and Respite care
- A Day Care service
- Recuperation care and support (Post Hospital)
- Individual, spacious bedrooms
- Lounges and dining room (warm and friendly)
- Meals on Wheels service to the wider community
- Meal Service always home cooked
- Recreation is offered to all residents but is not compulsory
- Full Laundry Service
- Access to a podiatrist and hairdresser as required
- Our Home has maximum Fire Security
- Residents are able to retain their local GP's services
- All staff are encouraged to participate in further training
Recreation & activities:
- Entertainment within Marinoto Rest Home
- Indoor bowls, bingo, quizzes, games, puzzles
- Christmas, Easter, St Patricks Day and birthday celebrations
- Crafts, movies, gardening opportunities
- Daily exercise group and walks around the neighbourhood
- Participation in community events eg: christmas parade, market days and Americarna
- Family opportunities to be involved with residents
Ensuites available in 19 of our 31 rooms
Access to outdoor deck areas available from some rooms
Dedicated residents phone line
We have our own modern kitchen where we prepare fresh meals daily.
Marinoto Rest Home is located adjacent to the main road in close proximity to Inglewood central township and is only a short walk to the supermarket, restaurants, cafes, library, and other local conveniences. New residents are able to bring their mobility scooters with them should they choose to continue using this mode of transport.
Marinoto Rest Home is set within spacious and beautiful grounds.